Boogie Effect® Limited (“Boogie Effect®”) are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why Boogie Effect® collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis;
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Boogie Effect® is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Boogie Effect® determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Boogie Effect® Limited, Mounthoolie, Tynron, Thornhill, Dumfries & Galloway, DG3 4LE or email email@example.com quoting Date Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018.
What information we collect and why?
BOOGIE EFFECT® class participants:
When you attend your first BOOGIE EFFECT® class, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name
- date of birth
- contact numbers (and possibly email address)
- Emergency contact name & number
- General medical history
LICENSED BOOGIE PROS:
When you register to become a licensed BOOGIE Pro, a BOOGIE EFFECT® Membership will be created. So we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name
- Qualifications & Certifications
- contact numbers and email address.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. maintaining Licensed BOOGIE Pro Memberships and license obligations.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Boogie Effect® in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. Updating you with class information.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|What we use your personal information for||Our reasons (legal basis)||Our explanation of Boogie Effect® ’s legitimate interests|
|Set up your Boogie Effect® Pro Membership||• Legitimate obligation / interests||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity.|
|Informed judgement to provide fitness advice based on Medical information||• Legitimate Obligation / interests||Provide informed health & fitness advice including modifications to exercises to ensure safe and enhanced execution of programme.|
|Emergency contact of family/friend/||• Legitimate interests||To make contact with designated person in event of medical/mental emergency.|
|Class notifications and updates||• Legitimate interests||Provide up to date information regarding classes, including cancelations, changes to timetable and new classes.|
|Manage your Pro Membership / provide customer services to you. This may include: transfers to Third Countries who undertake customer services/communications activities||• Legal obligation/ Legitimate interests (depending on nature of services)||Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them. Ensuring the Boogie Pro has access to all the resources required to fulfil their license duties.|
|Undertake website personalisation and administration.||• Legitimate interests||Developing products & services that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising.||• Legitimate interests||Developing products & services that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||• Legitimate interests||Developing products & services that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research.||• Legitimate interests|
|Maintaining network and data security||• Legitimate interests||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.|
|Demand forecasting, management information and research||• Legitimate interests||We use information about shopping habits, products bought and volumes, to help us to respond to demand, ensure the right products get to the right areas and to help us develop our services.|
Who we may share your information with and why
Boogie Effect® works with a number of trusted agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality service you expect from us such as marketing companies, web hosting services and ecommerce.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Boogie Effect® works with business who support our website and other business systems (i.e WordPress, Kualo, Whitefall Designs)
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you i.e. Mailchimp.
Boogie Effect® works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments online i.e. Paypal, WooCommerce
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
How we share your information
WordPress: This is our Web builder site. If you are a registered BOOGIE Pro Member, then your Name, email, password and location will be stored within in our Membership data base. Our Website is secured with an up to date https Security certificate to protect against rouge login attempts and hacking.
Kualo: Kualo is our webhosting service. They do not collect data relating to our site visitors. They only collect data from their site users (i.e Boogie Effect Ltd). Therefore, we do not share your personal data with them.
Whitefall Designs: This is our IT support. They have access to our WordPress site builder and therefore may have access to the personal data of Boogie Pro Memberships. Confidentiality is fundamental and we ensure this third party also complies with GDPR law.
Mailchimp: When you subscribe (with consent) to our email updates & marketing, your Name and email are added to our database stored via our Online Marketing host Mailchimp. We offer both Opt In and Opt Out options and never assume consent for your data to be used for Update or Marketing purposes. Mailchimp conform to GDPR law regarding your personal data. To find out more about the agreement between Boogie Effect Ltd and Mailchimp regarding your personal data by following the link at the bottom of this page.
WooCommerce: This is the online Payment Processing Add-On we use in our Website to help us process payments via Paypal and manage our website Subscribers/Boogie Pro Memberships. Personal data they may collect are Subscriber Sign Up info (name & email), site comments and credit card information in order to process orders. They may also collect site visitor location info via your devices IP address (the will not collect identifiable information such as name & address) or analytics purposes. You can view their Privacy Notices for Site Visitors in full at the bottom of this page.
Transfers to third countries
Boogie Effect® may also works with partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We will undertake data security due diligence on our partners to ensure that that these partners conform to appropriate accreditations.
Wherever transfers of data to third counties occurs Boogie Effect® will put in place an appropriate contractual provisions to ensure that there are strict rules regarding both the confidentiality and security of your information. To find out more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about special offers and improvements to our service or website. When you complete your Medical ParQ form or BOOGIE Pro Profile, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information. We operate a double Opt In/Out platform via our host provider, Mailchimp.
Boogie Effect® will not share your information with companies outside of Boogie Effect® Ltd for their marketing purposes. Boogie Effect® Ltd includes Boogie Effect Australia.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Boogie Effect Ltd, at the address provided above, emailing email@example.com or the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We will retain your personal information for 1year (from the signed date on your Medical ParQ) in the case of class participants; and for the entire duration of your membership/license in the case of licensed BOOGIE Pros.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Boogie Effect®. These are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Date Subjects Rights Enquiry.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
If you would like more information on types of Cookies, including cookies safety, how to turn off and how to opt-out, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/page/2/ or https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer,
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your BOOGIE Pro Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as choreography, marketing material and making payments.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Boogie Effect® uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Boogie Effect® uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Boogie Effect®) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Details of our Cookies
NECESSARY COOKIES – Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation, security and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
STATISTICS COOKIES – Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Full details of COOKIES used within our site can be found HERE.
If you wish to delete or block any cookies that are already on your machine (including Google Analytics cookie) please visit AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of this website.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data about your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
Boogie Effect® Limited, Mounthoolie, Tynron, Thornhill, Dumfries & Galloway, DG3 4LE
or email email@example.com quoting Date Privacy Enquiry.